Maintaining Certification in Montana:
- Certification renewal is due Dec 31 st every even year
- 16 hours of CE are due at time of renewal. Please submit copies of your certificates ofattendance with your renewal application. Please keep your originals for your own records.
- First time certifications (New graduates)
- Even years: No CE is required
- Odd years: 8 hours of CE are required
- Hours must be obtained within a certain time frame
- For example, certifications that expire Dec 31, 2020, CE must have been obtained between the dates of Jan 1, 2019 & Dec 31, 2020
- Half of required hours must be in person Lecture/Lab. (2020 renewal exception due to Covid, please see BSVTA President’s message)
To all our Members and Certified Technicians,
Mark your calendars! Due to great uncertainty with Covid-19, the BSVTA Board is postponing our Fall CE in November to October of 2021. Our speaker Donna Sisak is very understanding, and we are excited to get her back after our last Anesthesia CE. Also, as a board we understand that there have been concerns about our CE requirements for the period of 2019-2020. This pertains to technicians that are certified. For the 2019-2020 period of renewal ONLY the requirements are as follows:
- You must complete 16 hours of CE
- The hours/credits can be a mix of online and in-person, or just online only for the period of
This is a one-time exception. Starting Jan 1, 2021 this exception will be voided for the period of 2021-
Please refer to our website under our “About us” tab under Constitution & Bylaws, Section 4- Maintaining Certification if you have any questions. Any CE from a computer, handheld device, or magazine is considered online even if it is a live audience or a recording. Please Remember that your 16 hours are due by December 31, 2020. Also, if you need some help looking for online CE check out our website as well. Anni (our CE coordinator) has some great links to help you get those hours!
Happy Trails everyone!