Butte Veterinary Center
Do you love animals? Are you reliable, patient, intelligent, compassionate and capable of independent action? Are you looking for a company that values its employees, promotes from within, and believes that the heart of our business lies within our team? Welcome home to Butte Veterinary Center! Butte Veterinary Center, a VetExperts hospital, is accepting applications for an EXPERIENCED Veterinary Assistant/Technician (2+ yrs). This position is part time, or full time for the exceptional candidate.
Are you the newest member of the Butte Veterinary Center family??? If what you see below describes you, and you seek to be part of a company where the bar is set high – we want to meet you!
- A contagious, loyal, positive “Can-Do” attitude! Here at Butte Veterinary Center, it’s all-hands-on-deck! This fast-paced environment offers daily opportunities to learn and grow, and we strongly believe in training and promoting from within.
- Cheerful, outgoing team player who shows compassion for clients and patients.
- An “if you can lean, you can clean” mentality.
- An efficient pace, and a great sense of humor.
- Intuitive understanding of computer systems and programs.
- Multitasking abilities and the ability to keep calm and focused during busy times
- Self-starter who takes initiative where there is need
- Resilient and optimistic with great intra-office and client communication skills
Maintain the highest level of patient care and customer service under circumstances where stress and chaos collide. Adhere to hospital’s safety policies and collaborate with our culture of enthusiasm, innovation and integrity. Assist Veterinarians with routine patient appointments, diagnostic and surgical procedures. Anesthesia monitoring with exceptional attention to detail. Collect and process laboratory samples. Ensure all surgical equipment is properly sterilized and stored. Provide patient restraint during procedures and examinations. Prepare instruments and medications as directed by veterinary personnel. Calm and soothe anxious patients. Feed, bathe and care for patients who stay overnight in our facility. Collaborate with Veterinarians and management to develop training courses for staff members. Utilize numerous types of technology to efficiently and effectively communicate with clients and fellow team members and maintain impeccable patient records. Multiple forms of technology are integral in this progressive practice and mediocrity is not permitted. Our team is committed to stellar customer service and productivity, and is rooted in a culture of celebrating the human-animal bond. We want YOU if you seek to be part of a growing company where the bar is set high.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Salary: $12.50 to $16.00 /hour
Amherst Animal Hospital
Amherst Animal Hospital, a full service, AAHA accredited practice in Butte, MT is looking for a licensed veterinary technician supervisor that shares our passion for pets to join our team. This supervisory position will oversee 4 veterinary assistants and 3 licensed technicians. There is potential to move to a Practice Manager position within two years. We are located in beautiful southwest Montana between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone Park. Butte is in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. The Continental Divide is within minutes of our clinic with access to the nationally acclaimed Continental Divide Trail. We have world class mountain biking, skiing, rock climbing, hiking and camping just a short drive away. We have many blue ribbon lakes, rivers and streams nearby offering some of the best fishing in the northwest. Our vibrant community has a rich and colorful history.
Why are we different from other veterinary hospitals?
- We are AAHA-Accredited
- We have 4 veterinarians on staff with over 70 years of experience
- We have a large, loyal client base. Many families have been coming to us for 3 generations
- We have been serving the pets of southwest Montana for over 28 years
- We are dedicated to giving back to our community that supports us
- We place an emphasis on staff education by providing an educational based environment
Salary is competitive for Montana and depends on experience. The starting wage is $15.00/hr. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, holidays, uniform allowance and a discount of veterinary services.
This position is 40 hrs/wk, Monday-Friday and rotating Saturdays. A minimum of 3 years experience as a technician is required for the supervisory position.