Great Falls, MT
Job postings for
Great falls, MT
Last Updated: June 27, 2018
Big Sky Animal Medial and Surgical Referral Center
Big Sky Animal Medial and Surgical Referral Center has immediate openings for certified veterinary technicians who are interested in expanding their skills in a high end veterinary practice. Do you want to take your skills beyond what a general practice has to offer? We are the only AAHA certified hospital in Great Falls with a high volume of surgical and emergency cases, in addition to a general practice. We are looking for detail oriented individuals with clinical technician skills in the areas of nursing, laboratory, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, dentistry, emergency care, and client education. Must have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork mentality.
Starting salary is a minimum of $15.00/hour for new graduates, higher with experience. We are especially looking for an emergency technician to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday night shifts. Work these three days and have the rest of the week off to play! This is a full time, 40 hour week position that is eligible for benefits, including health insurance. Hourly pay for these differential shifts will be $22.50. May be able to assist with housing for the weekend shifts. Other benefits include $1000 sign on bonus, paid BSVTA dues and certification fees, support for continuing education and 3% salary match contributions to a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan after two years of employment.
Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Doreen at 406-761-8387 for more information.
Parks Veterinary Clinic (Harlowton)
Parks Veterinary Clinicin rural central Montana is search of mixed animal vet tech. Our vet tech of 10 years is leaving in the spring. We depend heavily on her and I jokingly tell my clients I work for my vet tech! She basically runs the clinic. She greets the clients & patients, answers the phones, does most of the scheduling, dispenses vaccines & supplies to producers, orders & manages inventory, surgery prep, nurse, lab work, and instructs the other employees. So I need an energetic, knowledgeable, organized multi tasker with a great attitude that loves their profession!!! When I am out in the field, I need someone at the clinic that has the ability to handle the clinic. So I would prefer an experienced vet tech, but I would be happy to train a new graduate.
- I have been a solo practitioner for ~17 years, until this past summer when a recently retired vet was bored and wanted to work a few days a week.
- Our practice is 60% cow / calf, 35% small animal, & 5% equine & sheep.
- We have haul in facilities & provide ambulatory service
- We have Abaxis CBC & Chemistry Machine, MiniXRay 80+, Reproscan U/S & an Aloka U/S, gas anesthesia, Power Float, mobile silencer hydraulic chute, & inside hydraulic chute that tilts
Our current staff includes 1.2 drs., 1 vet tech (who is leaving), 3 part time vet assistants, & 3 part time kennel help. I try to have two employees at the clinic.
- 8-5 M-F closed 12-1 for lunch
- (In spring & fall I tend to work out in the field on weekends but the office is closed.)
- Kennel help tends to take care of animals on weekends, but there will be occasions that vet tech will be called in on emergencies
- Hoping you could tell me what your thoughts are!
- Hours would be either 5 -8hr days or 4- 10hr days. I would let the vet tech decide.
Harlowton is located in central Montana, we are surrounded by the Crazy Mtns, the Little Belt Mtns, & the Snowy Mtns. Harlowton has about 800 people. Wheatland County has population of about 2000. We are 95 miles from Billings, 120 miles NE of Bozeman, 120 East of Helena, & 130 miles SE of Great Falls.
If you are interested please email inquiries to Kritterdr@aol.com.